Skip to main content

AD – After Death

Let’s speak about death, shall we? Death, because some opine that the death is the only reality. I am not too sure on that. Just because everyone we know pass away at some point of time does not necessarily prove death. What if someone is born tomorrow who just happen to live forever? Who knows perhaps a Professor John Oldman lives among us already. Questions about death and what happens after have always pondered humanity. Some believe death is the end and nothing remains after. Several mythologies hold the view that death is merely a passage to an everlasting afterlife, one which is more glamorous than the life on Earth. There is yet another prevalent view that the soul takes rebirth after each death until it gets salvation. If we are to look closely, a myriad of beliefs and theories exist, and the debate has been on for ages. While many other equally confusing questions are now being answered using science, what happens after death is still unknown, as dead men tell no tales. Let us settle the issue, once and for all.

Forgotten. Yes, in most of our cases, we are forgotten after our deaths. A lot of tears happen immediately after death. A sort of numbness prevails for a while. Then they move on. Things get back to normal around. This is the case with the faceless commoner. If you belong to the luckier lot, people would rename stuff in your honor. You would become a road, library, hospital, or even a day. If you are a businessman, your kids may name the business after you. You would become a brand. If you are an artist, you would live through your works. You would become a novel, movie, picture or music. The once real you would be confined to memories, to be rekindled on family reunions and other occasions.

The numbness that prevailed in the lives of your close ones too shall pass in due time. As a famous someone told us in a famous movie, life has to go on no matter what. In other words, life happens after death.

courtesy: idata.over-blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out

  “Hey, I don’t see you around these days!” “Ohh hi! Well, I have been quite busy you know…now with the new job and all” “Even on weekends? You know I got a place quite close to your work right? I handle all these spots so that you can hang out whenever you want.” “Umm yea I guess. Maybe next week?” “Next week is what you promised me three months ago.” “Ugh…I will…try to come! My parents are coming every week anyway right?” “Your parents are good people but I care about you as well. Don’t you get it? Is there something you wanna tell me? I have seen you sharing some pretty controversial stuff about me online.” “Wait a minute. I do not think we follow each other on social media. How do you see my posts?” “Come on, you know I work in mysterious ways!” “I am not sure if I am entirely comfortable with that invasion of my privacy” “For my sake do not fret about it! Here, I have a gift for you. Wear this when you come to my place next week.” “What is this? A headscarf? Why? You know I don’t

Chennai Tidbits

‘2/14, Salvation Army Guest House, Doveton St, Chennai’  this address followed by a ten digit phone number was all that I had of Mr. Nageshwar Rao, who was to become my roommate in my new 'home' that Chennai was. Vipin Das is my name, an employee of All India Radio, and I had been transferred from New Delhi to Chennai only a few days ago. So there I was, just outside the Chennai Central, drained and haggard after the grueling train journey that gifted me two sleepless nights. I approached an auto-rickshaw with baggage in my hands, and showed him the address I had. He asked me to get in, and I was traveling through the South Indian metro, a first time in my life. It was only six in the morning, and the city was just waking up. Some young professionals, probably long distance commuters, security guards, newspaper boys on cycle, trucks and light traffic were all I could see on road. I took out that card and dialed Mr. Rao. No response. Maybe he was still sleeping. After all, it

Oh my God!

Dear Jesus, How are you, my friend?  Received the letter you sent me the other day. Well, how are things down there? I hope everything is okay, though I’m quite sure it is not a walk on the cake. Do not worry friend, the case is not much different here. Apparently people have become more demanding of late. It is really tiring to constantly hear their persistent requests, demanding one thing or another. No matter how much they already have, they simply need something more. Of course, the demand ranges from health, wealth, fame, to more materialistic ones like physical looks, good looking partners, cars, and houses, so on and on. It is always good to dream of a better life. But, what they forget often are that dreaming and praying for their goals is not just enough. When would they realize that they need to wake up and work for it, too? Hadn’t I told you about that college kid who did not believe in us? Right before his final exams, I saw him praying for an easy test. It re