Skip to main content

Poem : Pluviophile

I love you.
I love the way you touch,
Moist and cool and filled with joy.

I love you.
I love the way you smell,
Fragrance that makes my heart swell.

I love you.
I love the marks you leave.
Just the thoughts of which gifts peace of mind.

I love you.
Though I don't like your friends all that much,
Your friends are too loud and scary.

I have always loved you,
Right from the days I learnt to sense and feel.
I love you, rain 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cut-Da Punjab

If you are a movie buff, you would have heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. If you are a politically conscious person, you would have heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. If you are a rationally thinking person, you would have heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. In short, if you are someone who breathes and lives on the planet Earth, you would have a heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. For such is the magnitude of double standards and apolitical agenda adopted by the CBFC. First, let us be politically correct: 1.        CBFC is not Censor Board. It stands for Central Board of Film Certification. 2.        The Board has not banned Udta Punjab.          Wait, if the movie is not banne...

เดถเดฌ്เดฆം เดจാเดฎเดœเดชเดค്เดคിเดจ് เดฎാเดค്เดฐം : เดญാเด—ം 1

เด…เดฎ്เดฎാ! เด’เดฐു เด•เดฅ เดชเดฑเดž്เดžു เดคเดฐോ? เด•เดฅเดฏോ? เดŽเดจ്เดคാ เดฎോเดจൂเดจ് เด‰เดฑเด•്เด•ം เดตเดฐเดฃിเดฒ്เดฏേ? เด•േเดŸ്เดŸാเตฝ เด‰เดฑเด•്เด•ം เดตเดฐเดฃ เด•เดฅเดฏเดฒ്เดฒ เด…เดฎ്เดฎ. เดจเดฒ്เดฒ เด•เดฅ เดตേเดฃം. เดŽเดจ്เดจാ เดžാเตป เด’เดฐു เด•เดฅ เดธൊเดฒ്เดฒเดŸ്เดŸുเดฎാ? เดŽเดจ്เดค് เด•เดฅเดฏാ เด…เดš്เด›ാ? เดตിเด•്เดฐเดค്เดคിเดจ്เดฑെเดฏും เดตേเดฆเดฏുเดŸെเดฏും เด•เดฅ. เด† เดจเดจ്เดจാเดตും. เด•เดฃ്เดŸ เดคเดฎിเดด് เดชเดŸเดค്เดคിเดฒെ เด—ുเดฃ്เดŸാ เด•เดฅเดฏเดฒ്เดฒേ เดฎเด•്เด•เตพเด•്เด•് เดชเดฑเดž്เดžു เด•ൊเดŸുเด•്เด•ാเตป เดชเดฑ്เดฑീเดค്. เด•เดฅเดฏൊเด•്เด•െ เดžാเตป เดชเดฑเดž്เดžു เด•ൊเดŸുเด•്เด•ാം. เดฎോเดจ് เดžാเตป เดชുเดฐാเดฃ เด•เดฅ เดชเดฑเดž്เดžു เดคเดฐാം. เด…เดฎ്เดฎൂเดฎ്เดฎ เดชเดฑเดฏเดฃ เดชോเดฒเดค്เดคെ เด•เดฅเดฏാเดฃോ? เดถ്เดฐീเด•ൃเดท്เดฃเดจ്เดฑെ? เด† เด…เดคുเดชോเดฒเดค്เดคെ. เด‡เดจ്เดจ് เดถ്เดฐീเดฐാเดฎเดจ്เดฑെ เด•เดฅ เดชเดฑเดฏാം. เด†เดฐാ เด…เดฎ്เดฎെ เดถ്เดฐീเดฐാเดฎเตป? เดตിเดท്เดฃു เดญเด—เดตാเดจ്เดฑെ เด…เดตเดคാเดฐം เด†เดฃ് เดฎോเดจെ. เด…เดฎ്เดฎൂเดฎ്เดฎ เดชเดฑเดž്เดžเดค് เด•ൃเดท്เดฃเตป เด†เดฃ് เดตിเดท്เดฃുเดตിเดจ്เดฑെ เด…เดตเดคാเดฐം เดจ്เดจാเดฃเดฒ്เดฒോ. เดตിเดท്เดฃു เดญเด—เดตാเดจ് เด•ുเดฑെ เด…เดตเดคാเดฐเด™്เด™เตพ เด‰เดฃ്เดŸ് เดฎോเดจെ. เดฒോเด•เดค്เดค് เด…เดจീเดคി เด•ൂเดŸുเดฎ്เดชോเตพ เดจീเดคി เดชുเดจഃเดธ്เดฅാเดชിเด•്เด•ാเตป เดญเด—เดตാเตป เด…เดตเดคเดฐിเด•്เด•ും. เด†เดนാ. เดœീเดธเดธ് เดตിเดท്เดฃുเดตിเดจ്เดฑെ เด…เดตเดคാเดฐം เด†เดฃോ เด…เดฎ്เดฎെ? เดเดน്! เด…เดฒ്เดฒเดŸാ. เดฏേเดถു เดตേเดฑേ เด’เดฐു เดฆൈเดตเดฎാ. เดตേเดฑെ เดฆൈเดตോ? เด…เดช്เดชൊ เดŽเดค്เดฐ เดฆൈเดตเด™്เด™เดณുเดฃ്เดŸ്? เด•ുเดฑെ เด‰เดฃ്เดŸ്. เด…เดคെเดจ്เดคിเดจാ เด•ുเดฑെ เดฆൈเดตเด™്เด™เตพ? เดจിเดจเด•്เด•് เด•เดฅ เด•േเตพเด•്เด•เดฃോ? เด‰ം. เดŽเดจ്เดจാ เดฎിเดฃ്เดŸാเดฃ്เดŸിเดฐുเดจ്เดจ് เด•േเตพเด•്เด•്. เด•เดฅเดฏിเตฝ เดšോเดฆ്เดฏเดฎിเดฒ്เดฒ. เด…เด™്เด™เดจെ เด…เดตเตป เดฎിเดฃ്เดŸാเดคെ เด‡เดฐുเดจ്เดจ് เด•เดฅ เดฎുเดดുเดตเตป เด•േเดŸ്เดŸു. เด…เดฏോเดฆ്เดง്เดฏ ...

Mix Tape

This is a personal write up. Since people are generally interested in other people's affairs, I thought why not blog it as well. So the music day happened last Wednesday. For someone who is into songs whenever conscious, every day is a music day. Still, June 21 made me think of the songs that are very special to me. I just wanted to think across years, picking up songs and the memories associated to it, and put it all together in one place. Like a mix tape of sorts. I am not sure if the concept of mix tape is relevant anymore. It once was, when all you had was ordinary tapes. Now with everyone's shuffle playlists boasting of more diversity than any mix tape could possibly have, mix tapes have lost their charm. 1. Vaseegara - Minnale  Tamil movie Minnale came out in early 2000s, back when I was a school going boy. The innocent type. The shy-to-talk-to-girls type. I hear this song, and it's like I am transformed into a magical world. No other piece of musi...