Skip to main content

Left.....Right

2016 is in its last few minutes. At least that's the case in India. The news guy told us that New Zealand has already welcomed 2017. That's the funny thing about time. It is relative. Like most things are. Pardon me monsieur, for I am not an absolutist.

I am not even sure if i would be able to complete this before 2016 ends here. It does not matter anyway. What difference does a few minutes make? The earth keeps on rotating. The universe probably keeps on expanding. We keep on breathing. 

There are a lot of 'Fuck You 2016' memes floating around. It is funny how we have decided to blame a period of time for our actions and the state we find ourselves in. (Okay I did not make up that last sentence. I read it somewhere.)

Talking about 2016, was it actually that bad? I don't know. If you are cringing about how some of the right wing fringe groups have bestowed upon themselves to act as the defenders of nationalism and patriotism, then you should probably look up to the west. No, not the Westeros. I am talking about the United States. That's what we normally do, right?

The west has chosen as their leader, an extreme right wing advocate, who taught us that global warming is a myth, and more importantly that women are to be grabbed by the pussies.

Are you watching closely? Do you see a pattern emerging here? The world has moved more right-wing it seems. Couple that with the fact that left wing champion Fidel Castro has bid-adieu.

On a minuscule personal level, I too experienced some significant changes this year. For starters, I started working. I also tried my hand at table tennis. If you know me personally, you might be aware that I am not much into sports and games. If you don't know me personally, you just read that I am not much into sports and games. Also, I tend to be a lefty while at games. I am not a lefty in the true sense of the word. I write using my right. But if I am to bowl an over, I would use my left. Same is the case if I am at a game of badminton or table-tennis. 

Since these games do not come naturally to me, my first few days sucked real bad. Some of my co-players were amused at the sight of a left hand holding the bat.

'Are you sure you are a lefty?' I think so. 
'Do you write using your left?' No.
'Try playing using your right hand then.'

As expected, I fared even worse. Like the people of Kerala who chose the left government in a right moving world, I too decided to continue with my left. When the right is not right, you pick what is left. Also, it is a matter of balance. Right and left got to coexist. Well, the rant ends. I do not really have much to say. A new year is in the making. Make it good and happy.


*********************************************************************************

So I was on my way to buy fish, when my maths teacher from school came down there. Before I could say hello, she started shouting at no one in particular - 'Why all this silence? Is this a classroom?' Apparently, she too believed in the balance. I waved at her with my left hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cut-Da Punjab

If you are a movie buff, you would have heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. If you are a politically conscious person, you would have heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. If you are a rationally thinking person, you would have heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. In short, if you are someone who breathes and lives on the planet Earth, you would have a heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. For such is the magnitude of double standards and apolitical agenda adopted by the CBFC. First, let us be politically correct: 1.        CBFC is not Censor Board. It stands for Central Board of Film Certification. 2.        The Board has not banned Udta Punjab.          Wait, if the movie is not banne...

ശബ്ദം നാമജപത്തിന് മാത്രം : ഭാഗം 1

അമ്മാ! ഒരു കഥ പറഞ്ഞു തരോ? കഥയോ? എന്താ മോനൂന് ഉറക്കം വരണില്യേ? കേട്ടാൽ ഉറക്കം വരണ കഥയല്ല അമ്മ. നല്ല കഥ വേണം. എന്നാ ഞാൻ ഒരു കഥ സൊല്ലട്ടുമാ? എന്ത് കഥയാ അച്ഛാ? വിക്രത്തിന്റെയും വേദയുടെയും കഥ. ആ നന്നാവും. കണ്ട തമിഴ് പടത്തിലെ ഗുണ്ടാ കഥയല്ലേ മക്കൾക്ക് പറഞ്ഞു കൊടുക്കാൻ പറ്റീത്. കഥയൊക്കെ ഞാൻ പറഞ്ഞു കൊടുക്കാം. മോന് ഞാൻ പുരാണ കഥ പറഞ്ഞു തരാം. അമ്മൂമ്മ പറയണ പോലത്തെ കഥയാണോ? ശ്രീകൃഷ്ണന്റെ? ആ അതുപോലത്തെ. ഇന്ന് ശ്രീരാമന്റെ കഥ പറയാം. ആരാ അമ്മെ ശ്രീരാമൻ? വിഷ്ണു ഭഗവാന്റെ അവതാരം ആണ് മോനെ. അമ്മൂമ്മ പറഞ്ഞത് കൃഷ്ണൻ ആണ് വിഷ്ണുവിന്റെ അവതാരം ന്നാണല്ലോ. വിഷ്ണു ഭഗവാന് കുറെ അവതാരങ്ങൾ ഉണ്ട് മോനെ. ലോകത്ത് അനീതി കൂടുമ്പോൾ നീതി പുനഃസ്ഥാപിക്കാൻ ഭഗവാൻ അവതരിക്കും. ആഹാ. ജീസസ് വിഷ്ണുവിന്റെ അവതാരം ആണോ അമ്മെ? ഏഹ്! അല്ലടാ. യേശു വേറേ ഒരു ദൈവമാ. വേറെ ദൈവോ? അപ്പൊ എത്ര ദൈവങ്ങളുണ്ട്? കുറെ ഉണ്ട്. അതെന്തിനാ കുറെ ദൈവങ്ങൾ? നിനക്ക് കഥ കേൾക്കണോ? ഉം. എന്നാ മിണ്ടാണ്ടിരുന്ന് കേൾക്ക്. കഥയിൽ ചോദ്യമില്ല. അങ്ങനെ അവൻ മിണ്ടാതെ ഇരുന്ന് കഥ മുഴുവൻ കേട്ടു. അയോദ്ധ്യ ...

Mix Tape

This is a personal write up. Since people are generally interested in other people's affairs, I thought why not blog it as well. So the music day happened last Wednesday. For someone who is into songs whenever conscious, every day is a music day. Still, June 21 made me think of the songs that are very special to me. I just wanted to think across years, picking up songs and the memories associated to it, and put it all together in one place. Like a mix tape of sorts. I am not sure if the concept of mix tape is relevant anymore. It once was, when all you had was ordinary tapes. Now with everyone's shuffle playlists boasting of more diversity than any mix tape could possibly have, mix tapes have lost their charm. 1. Vaseegara - Minnale  Tamil movie Minnale came out in early 2000s, back when I was a school going boy. The innocent type. The shy-to-talk-to-girls type. I hear this song, and it's like I am transformed into a magical world. No other piece of musi...