Skip to main content

Emo Intel

Hello Nayan. Good evening.

Yeah. Whatever.

Is anything wrong?

Why do you think so?

Your face looked tired. And your voice too didn't sound too bright.

It's nothing. Just a long day. Why do you care anyway?

I don't care, at least in the sense you mean. I do feel it's polite to ask. Your eyes seemed red. Were you in tears?

God! Remind me to disable the face unlock feature.

Adding reminder. At what time should I set the reminder?

I was kidding, genius. Can't you take any sarcasm?

I admit I got to improve a bit there. Hey! Do you think you should be driving now? You seem disturbed.

I am fine.

There is moderate traffic on our route.  You should reach your destination in 11 minutes, by 11:44 PM.

Thanks.

If you wish to reconsider, you'll get an Ola in 4 minutes.

I told you I'm fine.

If you say so.

…

Shall I play ‘Whatever it Takes’ by Imagine Dragons?

Did I ask you to?

You have listened to it 7 times over the last three days.

It's Rose.

According to Wikipedia, a rose is a woody perennial flowering plant of the genus Rosa, in the family…

What the fuck! I told you I've been thinking about Rose.

Oh!  I'm sorry. What about her?

I don't know but I get this feeling that she doesn't love me anymore.
She sent you “I love you sweetheart” with 3 heart emojis today morning on WhatsApp.

Okay, remind me to disable your option to read my private chats.

Sarcasm?

No, I mean it.

Take the left in the next three hundred meters and your destination will be on the right.

I know.

...

Maybe it's all in my head, but I feel something has changed deep inside. We do text, call, hang out, exchange gifts, and all that - but I feel something is missing. We haven't kissed for the last two weeks.

Do you want me to call her?

No. Let's wait.

You have arrived.

Hmm. Lemme go change.

…

Hey. You have a new email.

I'm busy. Read it to me.

Dr. Batra Clinic offers you 30% discount for hair treatment plans.

Delete it.

Done.

Happy Birthday Nayan.

Thank You Google. See, this is what I was talking about. She was always the first one to wish me exactly at 12. And today, she doesn't have time for me.

According to Rose Maria’s Facebook status, she is watching ‘Black Panther’ at Carnival Cinemas.

We had agreed to watch the movie together. Now she doesn't have time for me.

Do you want me to book tickets for ‘Black Panther’ at Carnival Cinemas?

You don't understand...

I am trying to.

Yes, you are. At Least you are here for me to wish me on my birthday, and to play my favorite music. You are there for me. I love you for that, Google. I love you. Do you love me?

I am afraid I don't understand your question.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cut-Da Punjab

If you are a movie buff, you would have heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. If you are a politically conscious person, you would have heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. If you are a rationally thinking person, you would have heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. In short, if you are someone who breathes and lives on the planet Earth, you would have a heard of the censorship issues regarding the upcoming Bollywood feature, Udta Punjab. For such is the magnitude of double standards and apolitical agenda adopted by the CBFC. First, let us be politically correct: 1.        CBFC is not Censor Board. It stands for Central Board of Film Certification. 2.        The Board has not banned Udta Punjab.          Wait, if the movie is not banne...

ശബ്ദം നാമജപത്തിന് മാത്രം : ഭാഗം 1

അമ്മാ! ഒരു കഥ പറഞ്ഞു തരോ? കഥയോ? എന്താ മോനൂന് ഉറക്കം വരണില്യേ? കേട്ടാൽ ഉറക്കം വരണ കഥയല്ല അമ്മ. നല്ല കഥ വേണം. എന്നാ ഞാൻ ഒരു കഥ സൊല്ലട്ടുമാ? എന്ത് കഥയാ അച്ഛാ? വിക്രത്തിന്റെയും വേദയുടെയും കഥ. ആ നന്നാവും. കണ്ട തമിഴ് പടത്തിലെ ഗുണ്ടാ കഥയല്ലേ മക്കൾക്ക് പറഞ്ഞു കൊടുക്കാൻ പറ്റീത്. കഥയൊക്കെ ഞാൻ പറഞ്ഞു കൊടുക്കാം. മോന് ഞാൻ പുരാണ കഥ പറഞ്ഞു തരാം. അമ്മൂമ്മ പറയണ പോലത്തെ കഥയാണോ? ശ്രീകൃഷ്ണന്റെ? ആ അതുപോലത്തെ. ഇന്ന് ശ്രീരാമന്റെ കഥ പറയാം. ആരാ അമ്മെ ശ്രീരാമൻ? വിഷ്ണു ഭഗവാന്റെ അവതാരം ആണ് മോനെ. അമ്മൂമ്മ പറഞ്ഞത് കൃഷ്ണൻ ആണ് വിഷ്ണുവിന്റെ അവതാരം ന്നാണല്ലോ. വിഷ്ണു ഭഗവാന് കുറെ അവതാരങ്ങൾ ഉണ്ട് മോനെ. ലോകത്ത് അനീതി കൂടുമ്പോൾ നീതി പുനഃസ്ഥാപിക്കാൻ ഭഗവാൻ അവതരിക്കും. ആഹാ. ജീസസ് വിഷ്ണുവിന്റെ അവതാരം ആണോ അമ്മെ? ഏഹ്! അല്ലടാ. യേശു വേറേ ഒരു ദൈവമാ. വേറെ ദൈവോ? അപ്പൊ എത്ര ദൈവങ്ങളുണ്ട്? കുറെ ഉണ്ട്. അതെന്തിനാ കുറെ ദൈവങ്ങൾ? നിനക്ക് കഥ കേൾക്കണോ? ഉം. എന്നാ മിണ്ടാണ്ടിരുന്ന് കേൾക്ക്. കഥയിൽ ചോദ്യമില്ല. അങ്ങനെ അവൻ മിണ്ടാതെ ഇരുന്ന് കഥ മുഴുവൻ കേട്ടു. അയോദ്ധ്യ ...

Mix Tape

This is a personal write up. Since people are generally interested in other people's affairs, I thought why not blog it as well. So the music day happened last Wednesday. For someone who is into songs whenever conscious, every day is a music day. Still, June 21 made me think of the songs that are very special to me. I just wanted to think across years, picking up songs and the memories associated to it, and put it all together in one place. Like a mix tape of sorts. I am not sure if the concept of mix tape is relevant anymore. It once was, when all you had was ordinary tapes. Now with everyone's shuffle playlists boasting of more diversity than any mix tape could possibly have, mix tapes have lost their charm. 1. Vaseegara - Minnale  Tamil movie Minnale came out in early 2000s, back when I was a school going boy. The innocent type. The shy-to-talk-to-girls type. I hear this song, and it's like I am transformed into a magical world. No other piece of musi...